The context of social intelligence and technology has become expected by Millennials in every aspect of life so why wouldnâ€™t they expect that when they walk into a weight management center, that they would be inundated with weight management mobile apps, websites, on-line tracking and virtual coaching? The simple, truth is that they should expect it and weight management professionals need to recognize that fact and align themselves with the millennial weight loss journey by taking steps, even if uncomfortable into the world of digital health care. There are currently 80 million Millennials in the U.S. â€“ nearly one-fourth of the total population. And, with an annual buying power of $200 billion, they are the most lucrative market.
There is no time when a woman feels more empowering then right before, during and after her pregnancy. This is the time to win the millennial moms over by stepping up your technology offering. Millennials like simple, visual, and all things they can easily follow and control from their devices.
You can reach and attract more millennial moms seeking help in shedding post pregnancy weight gain and keep them as loyal clients by following these steps:
- Find out where these young maternal aged millennials are on-line by finding out what types of key terms they are using or searching for in social media, which hashtags they use and the kind of content they follow on blogs. Then meet them where they are.
- Consider offering resources on your website that include: guides and tips on post-pregnancy nutrition and weight loss, as well as podcasts, short videos, e-booklets, webinars and shopping lists. Think you canâ€™t pull it all together, hire an agency or better yet, add a millennial to your staff who can keep up with the best of â€˜em.
- Consider testimonial pictures or videos of post pregnancy clients who have successfully lost weight on your program. There is no better marketer than happy clients and no better platforms to spread the word than social media platforms.
- Consider asking millennial clients to film their own video diary on their weight loss journey from giving birth and beyond then share it on your website and social media.
- Consider partnering/co-promoting with other local businesses that millennial new moms may fancy like anything beauty/pampering related (spas), childrenâ€™s book stores, childrenâ€™s clothing stores, and mothersâ€™ day out programs. Referrals are a fantastic way to generate new business.
- Consider adding a Q&A page on your website just for new moms. They have so many questions, especially first-time moms who are nervous about everything related to nutrition for baby and themselves especially while breast feeding. Nine out of ten moms will have questions about how to lose the weight quickly and get back into shape.
- Consider incorporating a medical technology platform. These new technology companies are popping up all over. Many can easily set up your clinic/center in a matter of a few hours or days with fully integrated medical technology features like food diaries, appointment setters/reminders, step tracking, progress tracking, exercise logging, meal planning, video conferencing and more.
To get you started in your target market research, below are some hashtags and blogs that new moms are searching and following on Instagram and other related platforms:
Many millennials who are new moms join on-line groups via Facebook where they regularly meet, ask questions and offer insight to others. Join and learn what your target audience is all about. Offer insightful information, win them over on your knowledge of weight management and recommend your own program.
Once you have learned more about what millennial moms want who are trying to shed post pregnancy weight, you can implement the program features that will target them better and increase business for your clinic or weight loss center.
Find out more about marketing to millennials by reading, How to Attract Millennials to Your Weightloss or Fitness Program.